1. BE ENCOURAGED
Let’s be honest – out of the 168 hours in every week, kids are at church maybe 4 of those hours! THAT’S NOT THAT MANY!
That is why we are HUGE believers in partnering with and equipping parents to be the primary nurturers of your kid’s faith. That may be intimidating to some but don’t worry – your kids adore you and are looking to you to lay the foundation of who they are! AND YOU CAN DO IT!
Parents, God has equipped you for the job of raising your kids! Joshua 1:9 says "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." We live in a broken world and it's so hard at times to know how to share that with our kids. Take heart, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! God is walking beside you as you do your best to raise your kids to honor him. Here are a few steps that may help make your job easier:
- PRAY. Pray for your kids, pray for yourself, pray for your church, pray for our world.
- CONNECT WITH EACH OTHER. Make sure you have a few GODLY parent friends who can encourage and uplift you when you need it. The enemy tries to keep us isolated and feeling like we are the only person struggling, but that isn't the case. Remember, you aren't alone.
- STAY PLUGGED IN. I get it - life is busy. But please try to make church and fellowship with one another a priority. It's not enough that you bring the kiddos to church, set the example and be in church too.
- LAUGH. Okay - so this one isn't that spiritual, but it's so important. Life can be hard, roll with the punches and don't take things so seriously. Enjoy this time when your kids still want to spend time with you. Make memories, create experiences and LAUGH together!!!
2. Rest assured - your kids are SAFE.
At Martha Bowman, it is a priority that your kids are safe and secure within their ministry location. We have taken many steps to ensure your Preschool and Kids spaces are locked-down/secure zones. Here's what that means:
- All adults working with your kids have been background checked and approved by the iKids Director.
- Kid Check is our check-in system that allows parents to create individual accounts for their children with special notes, guidelines, allergy reports, etc. This system also produces a guardian and kid sticker upon check-in that is required to be able to pick your kiddo up before they leave. For more information about Kid Check or to create an account, please click here.
- Other tools: Medical Release Form. Please click here to obtain the form.